In partnership with Scotrail and Abellio, South West Community Cycles host the South West Community Rail Partnership which specifically focuses on the rail line between Crossmyloof and Barrhead incorporating the stations: Crossmyloof, Pollokshaws West, Kennishead, Priesthill and Darnley, Nitshill and Barrhead. The CRP has a community link worker who engages with the local community in order to work towards many outcomes such as:
- Assist an increase of the footfall of the railway along the CRP rail line
- Research and partnership work with SWCC, community services, activities, tourist attractions, outdoor spaces in the vicinity of the Crossmyloof – Barrhead rail line.
- Supporting participants to use cycling/walking train line to join up journey’s to work, explore community services, events and exciting places through one to one and partnership working, promoting ‘joining up journeys’
- Working with partner agencies who will support the local data collection and marketing work of the project
- Working with SWCC Services to promote the project and be part of local and national partnerships
- Work with a CRP steering group
- Who do we reach? participants: young people, adults, vulnerable groups, schools, partnership agencies, decision makers, potential volunteers and customers for Rail users and multiple agencies